Mom, I don't want chocolate this time.

Taking each step towards 'my room' fully drenched in pain and drained to vain. 
I see the grey bedsheets and secrets filled pillows
Left with no hope in my willows
Screaming inside, pushing all words aside,
I'm hitting the wall so hard that I break my bone
I was hoping all my thoughts would fade and be gone.
You hear me hitting the wall but not your son hitting his lowest point. 
He is trembling, couldn't pick himself from his lowest point. 
He needs help, he seeks you but,
every single time when I want to tell you about me, it tires me. 
I have a lot of things to tell you
the mere thought of it consumes me like a sundew.
Now I shall write it here because it's gonna be with. me.
I know all the trauma we went through especially the ones you went through. 
I do realise and understand the reason behind your constant wants to make me secure. 
But, can't you see that your son is feeling safe but not understood?
I don't want to be safe I want to be understood.
I'm no longer a helpless child.
I want you to have a trust that your son can face the wild.
I can't put it in my words now. 
My heavy heart is breathing sharp
Your son doesn't want to live, do you know that?
I am drained. I can't take it, do you know that?
I don't expect you to be my friend or be supportive,
I want you to be as you are
that won't make any changes in the love which we have. 
Yes, I understand what you said but isn't it just a movie for which I went? 
I don't have any good memories of it now.
Yes I hung out a lot but the fights which we had and the arguments where I tried to explain to me are the ones I get. 
Not the happiness of those times.
All I get is about the arguments which we had.
I didn't fake myself when I was with you.
Huh, I want to be the most myself when I'm with you
Only that's because I told you who I am.
I want to burst but I know it would make it worse.
You buy me chocolate each time after our fight
which makes my heart light, but I can't anymore.
I don't want chocolate this time.
Why don't you understand me? 
Why do I keep wanting to tell you everything I know you don't get it right.
In all the fights, all the screams are dulling my gleam.
It's not just paati thatha who are old, I feel old and weak.
Your son wants to run away and get lost, do you know that?
But you keep saying that you know me more than I know myself. (Laughs)
Your son is emotionally unavailable, do you know that?
He is not loved, he couldn't love, do you know that?
Your son is scared of love, do you know that?
Mom, I brought myself up from all my heartbreaks without your help. 
Surely I can treat myself better.
Don't be who you want to be, just be who you really are.
coz that would help me know your trues
so that I could see my blues.
All my words now are in vain anyhow but I decided that
I don't want chocolate this time.

Popular posts from this blog

Take as many as you want. Make a beautiful home.

The next time our warmth collides.

I hate emojis.